Now in its Seventh Edition, Neil J. Salkind’s bestselling Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics with new co-author Bruce B. Frey teaches an often intimidating subject with a humorous, personable, and informative approach that reduces statistics anxiety. With instruction in SPSS®, the authors guide students through basic and advanced statistical procedures, from correlation and graph creation to analysis of variance, regression, non-parametric tests, and more. The Seventh Edition includes new real-world examples, additional coverage on multiple regression and power and effect size, and a robust interactive eBook with video tutorials and animations of key concepts. In the end, students who (think they) hate statistics will understand how to explain the results of many statistical analyses and won’t be intimidated by basic statistical tasks.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package accompanies the Seventh Edition!
Interactive eBook: FREE when bundled with the Seventh Edition. Includes access to SAGE Premium Video, multimedia tools, and much more -- Use bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-9339-1. Learn more.
SAGE Premium Video includes animated Core Concepts in Stats Videos, Lightboard Lecture Videos from Bruce B. Frey, and tutorial videos for end-of-chapter of SPSS problems. Only available in the Interactive eBook. Learn more.
SAGE edge: FREE online resources for students that make learning easier. See how your students benefit.
SAGE coursepacks: FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
Study Guides: only $5 when bundled with Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics, 7e. To order:
- Study Guide and Interactive eBook bundle (ISBN 978-1-5443-9752-8)
- Study Guide for Psychology and Interactive eBook bundle (ISBN 978-1-5443-9753-5)
- Study Guide for Education and Interactive eBook bundle (ISBN 978-1-5443-9754-2)
- Study Guide for Health & Nursing and Interactive eBook bundle (ISBN 978-1-5443-9755-9)
Watch the demo Lightboard Lecture Video on Normal Curve now!
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- datasets that are available for download and use with exercises in the book;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention; and
- links to videos and podcasts for further exploration of statistical topics.
Instructors: SAGE coursepacks and SAGE edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
With SAGE coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the Interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Videos that include animated Core Concepts in Stats Videos and tutorial videos for end-of-chapter of SPSS® problems
- Lightboard Lecture Videos from Bruce B. Frey (one short lecture video per chapter) that demonstrate each statistical procedure, captured using innovative LED glass technology
- chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions;
- class activities designed for individual or group settings encourage active learning and allow students to delve more into the subject matter;
- integrated links to the Interactive eBook that make it easy for students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video; and
- all tables and figures from the textbook.