The engaging Third Edition of Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences shows students that statistics can be understandable, interesting, and relevant to their daily lives. Using a conversational tone, award-winning teacher and author Gregory J. Privitera speaks to the reader as researcher when covering statistical theory, computation, and application. Robust pedagogy allows students to continually check their comprehension and hone their skills when working through carefully developed problems and exercises that include current research and seamless integration of SPSS. This edition will not only prepare students to be lab-ready, but also give them the confidence to use statistics to summarize data and make decisions about behavior.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
Contact your rep to help find the perfection combination of tools and resources below to fit your unique course needs.
Study Guide With IBM® SPSS® Workbook
Bundle the Third Edition with the accompanying Student Study Guide With IBM® SPSS® Workbook for Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences, Third Edition for only $5 more!
Study Guide for Users of R, SAS, and Stata
Bundle the Third Edition with the accompanying Statistical Analysis "In Focus" for only $5 more!
This companion website offers both instructors and students a robust online environment with an impressive array of teaching and learning resources. Learn more.
SAGE coursepacks: Our Content Tailored to Your LMS
SAGE coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
This title is available on WebAssign, allowing instructors to produce and manage assignments with their students online using a grade book that allows them to track and monitor students' progress. Students receive unlimited practice using a combination of multiple choice and algorithmic questions, and are allowed unlimited access to this edition of the textbook in the same course at no additional cost. WebAssign provides instant feedback and links directly to the accompanying eBook section where the concept was covered, allowing students to find the correct solution.
SAGE edge for students offers:
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize student study time, anywhere, anytime
- eQuizzes that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus attention
- A customized online action plan that includes tips and feedback on student progress through the course and materials
- Chapter learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material
- Video resources that bring concepts to life
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors offers:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- All tables and figures from the textbook