Alan Pritchard focuses on the skills that every student will need to master to achieve success in their academic career. Without being prescriptive, the book recognizes that different learning strategies work for different people. Practical, straight-forward advice is provided on subjects such as how to:
- Approach learning in an individually tailored way
- Use active reading techniques
- Use computers and the internet to support academic study
- Prepare for written assessment
- Prepare and deliver successful presentations
This guide provides an essential source of support for the development of the skills that are needed to be a successful new entrant to university. Students setting out on any undergraduate course will welcome the guidance provided here.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!