'This is an excellent book for teachers starting out in the field of gifted and talented education.'
Johanna M Raffan, Director of National Association for Able Children (NACE)
Written with the practitioner in mind, this book takes a refreshing whole school approach to educating gifted and talented pupils in mixed-ability classrooms. Packed with practical ideas for lessons, the book also includes a range of fascinating case studies to highlight pupils' enormous potential and show what can be achieved.
It provides valuable guidance on core topics such as:
- Definitions of gifted and talented
- How to identify gifted and talented pupils
- Identifying and resolving underachievement
- Support strategies for gifted and talented pupils (in schools and in LEAs)
- Different teaching and learning styles
- Devising a tailored curriculum to meet the needs of individual able pupils