Written with both new and experienced practitioners in mind and packed with practical advice, suggestions, case studies, and useful photocopiable materials, this new edition of a much-loved book will help all SENCOs (Special Educational Needs Coordinators) succeed in what is often a very demanding role.
Providing plenty of help with planning and time-management, this book contains everything you need to know about your role, information on the current government policies such as Every Child Matters (ECM) and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), and meeting the Early Years Professional Status (EYPS) standards for supporting children with additional needs.
New to this Second Edition:
- A CD-ROM containing photocopiable materials
- PowerPoint presentations for delivery of in-service training
- Advice on inter-agency working and inter-professional practice
- More guidance on working in partnership with parents
- Guidance on implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for all children
- Case studies including several in the Birth to 3 age range
A must-have for new and busy SENCOs working in reception classes, nursery schools, playgroups, or any other early years setting working with the Birth to 7 age range, this book is also useful for those studying for a Foundation Degree in Early Childhood Care and Education and for those working towards Early Years Professional Status (EYPS).