The SAGE Handbook of Curriculum and Instruction
- F. Michael Connelly - Ontario Institute of Education Studies, University of Toronto, Canada, University of Toronto, Canada
- Ming Fang He - Georgia Southern University, USA
- JoAnn Phillion - Purdue University, USA
The SAGE Handbook of Curriculum and Instruction is the first book in 15 years to comprehensively cover the field of curriculum and instruction. Editors F. Michael Connelly, Ming Fang He, and JoAnn Phillion, along with contributors from around the world, synthesize the diverse, real-world matters that define the field. This long-awaited Handbook aims to advance the study of curriculum and instruction by re-establishing continuity within the field while acknowledging its practical, contextual, and theoretical diversity.
- Offers a practical vision of the field: Defines three divisions—school curriculum subject matter, curriculum and instruction topics and preoccupations, and general curriculum theory.
- Presents the breadth and diversity of the field: A focus on the diversity of problems, practices, and solutions, as well as continuity over time, illustrates modern curriculum and instruction while understanding historical origins.
- Gives an evolutionary rather than a revolutionary focus: Offers a new way of interpreting the history of curriculum studies, which connects past, present, and future, leading to more productive links between practice, policy, and politics.
This Handbook contributes to stronger ties between school practice, public debate, policy making, and university scholarship, making it a valuable resource for professors, graduate students, and practitioners in the field of education. It is an excellent choice for graduate courses in Curriculum and Instruction, Curriculum Theory and Development, Curriculum Studies, Teacher Education, and Educational Administration and Leadership.
List of Contributors
Cherry McGee Banks
Robert E. Boostrom
Keffrelyn D. Brown
F. Michael Connelly
Geraldine Anne-Marie Connelly
Cheryl J. Craig
Ming Fang He
David T. Hansen
John Chi-kin Lee
Teresa L. McCarty
J. Wesley Null
William F. Pinar
Linda Tuhiwai Smith
Carlos Alberto Torres
Ana María Villegas
Kevin G. Welner
Shi Jing Xu