The Teacher Credibility and Collective Efficacy Playbook, Grades K-12
- Douglas Fisher - San Diego State University, USA
- Nancy Frey - San Diego State University, USA
- Dominique Smith - Health Sciences High & Middle College (HSHMC)
Foreword by John Hattie
Explore the powerful synergy between your credibility with students and your collective efficacy as a member of a team.
What’s the connection between teacher credibility and collective efficacy in schools? Highly credible teachers can’t reach their full potential without engagement in a collective of other teachers. And collective efficacy is difficult to achieve when teachers are not credible with their students.
The Teacher Credibility and Collective Efficacy Playbook illuminates the connection between teacher credibility and collective efficacy and offers actions educators can take to improve both. When you increase your credibility with students, student motivation rises. And when you have evidence of your ability to impact student learning, and partner with other teachers to achieve this, your students learn more.
A one-stop resource for educators intent on improving teacher practice, this powerful guide includes:
- Specific actions teachers can take to become more trustworthy, competent, dynamic, and responsive in the eyes of students, and more confident impacting learning as a member of a team
- Coaching videos from the authors that outline key concepts, share thinking and experiences, and challenge teachers to take steps to build credibility and collective efficacy
- Tools for teams to use to polish their collective effectiveness through better communication and problem-solving
- Reflective writing prompts, pause and ponder tasks, self-assessments, and data collection tools that help teachers grow professionally
Jumpstart learning and achievement in your classroom and school by increasing your credibility with students and the collective efficacy of the team of educators at your school.