Designed to facilitate professional development and critical reflection in the leadership of services for children and families, this book will enhance the understanding of readers from a range of disciplines and at varying levels of study. Packed with case studies depicting the experiences of children and their families in transition and exploring a wide range of scenarios, the chapters:
- Explore transitions from a range of perspectives
- Discuss the value of developing collaborative practice in deepening awareness of children's views and experiences
- Explore the impact of practitioner inquiry
- Look at examples of contemporary practice
- Consider the ethics, policies and law relating to current issues
- Enrich the reader's understanding of professional responsibility
Each chapter contains a chapter overview, a case study and suggestions for further reading. This book is relevant to all practitioners working with young children and their families and to all those studying early childhood.