Understanding Sport Psychology
- Gavin Breslin - Ulster University, UK
- John Kremer - Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Aidan Moran - University College Dublin, Ireland
- Cathy Craig - Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Stephen Shannon - Ulster University, UK
Health Psychology | Sociology of Sport | Sports Psychology | Sports Psychology |
Sports Psychology is a popular area that has grown dramatically over the past few decades due to an increasing emphasis on the importance of psychology for athletic performance, engagement in exercise and in the business and industry of sport.
This text is a concise, focussed overview of all the core concepts in sports psychology at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Using key studies and evidence, this book explains and develops key topics, and acts as a springboard for further reading and debate. This is a stimulating and practical resource for sport and exercise students, sport coaches, and athletes alike, covering new developments within the field including:
· Social Identity Theory,
· Mental Health Awareness in Sport,
· Resilience and Mindfulness.
With additional pedagogy including further reading, figures and diagrams to help visualise key theories, and case studies, Understanding Sport Psychology is essential reading for any student of sport psychology.