Writing Your Doctoral Dissertation or Thesis Faster
A Proven Map to Success
- E. Alana James - Walden University, USA
- Tracesea H. Slater
• determining the research topic,
• choosing appropriate methods,
• turning a hypothesis into a study,
• completing a literature review,
• writing and defending a proposal,
• collecting and analyzing data,
• writing up the study, and
• ultimately defending the dissertation.
Building on years of experience with doctoral students, the authors provide a comprehensive, yet easy-to-use tool that encourages student reflection; includes student stories, hints, and writing tips; and provides end-of-chapter checklists and ideas for incorporating social media. With the proven techniques and guidance of this indispensable book, doctoral students will finish their thesis or dissertation—faster!
“It is extremely readable and candid. As a faculty [member], I want students to know the ‘real deal’. The approach offered in this book provides one that is holistic realizing that our students are people with lives that influence the dissertation process. The Tracesea sections came at the right time when I was going to ask the very same question. Multiple voices of student and faculty add a wonderful dynamic. Love the use of PowerPoint slides, which would help me tremendously in my dissertation seminar.”
“I really like the detail, experiences, reflections by students, and layout.”