"Jan Robertson's splendid book not only articulately advocates the necessity of leadership coaching, but sets out what good coaching can, and should, look like."
—Andy Hargreaves, Thomas More Brennan Chair in Education
Coaching Educational Leadership is about building leadership capacity in individuals, and in institutions, through enhancing professional relationships. It is based on the importance of maximizing potential, and harnessing the ongoing commitment and energy needed to meet personal and professional goals.
Based on more than a decade of research and development, nationally and internationally, Coaching Educational Leadership brings you the empirical evidence, the principles, and the skills to develop your own leadership and that of your colleagues.
- Challenges you to critically reflect on your leadership and professional relationships
- Offers practical activities and exercises
- Describes leadership coaching based on reciprocal processes
- Seeks to connect theory and practice
- Provides a basis for workshop activities in coaching, appraisal, and mentoring
Coaching Educational Leadership assists educators who believe in the development of leadership at all levels to dialogue effectively with professional colleagues for the improvement of leadership practice.