A fun and friendly way to bring Emotional Intelligence into your classroom! Elementary and middle school teachers can bring home all the benefits of Emotional Intelligence with this hands-on idea book, filled with exciting new ways to help every student be "people smart" as well as "book smart." The lively "how-to's" include games, projects, and activities that promote: - Cognizant awareness of self and others - Approval of self and others - Self-responsibility - Finding personal meaning - Valuing honesty and ethics .. and then goes a step farther, helping educators to integrate EI components into the day-to-day curriculum. It's perfect 'gateway' to Emotional Intelligence for K-8 instructors of all subjects!
About the Author
Part I: Is Emotional Intelligence Just One More Thing We Have to Teach?
1. Understanding Emotional Intelligence
2. Integrating Emotional Intelligence with Academic Skills
3. Teaching Emotional Intelligence
Part II: Components of Emotional Intelligence
4. Awareness of Self and Others
5. Approval of Self and Others
6. Mastering Self-Responsibility
7. Finding Personal Meaning
8. Valuing Honesty and Ethics
Part III: Incorporating Emotional Intelligence Into the Curriculum
9. EI Synthesis: Creating a Thematic Unit Around Emotional Intelligence
Appendix: Pre-and Post-Training Assessment of Emotional Intelligence