—Rick Doss, Principal
Brownsburg Junior High School, Indianapolis, IN
"The examples and suggested activities are great with lots of simple suggestions that are real and practical—very effective!"
—Kevin Peterson, Principal
Red Bank Elementary, Clovis, CA
Get organized and find the time to succeed in leadership and excel as a principal!
Do your days seem increasingly shorter and your to-do lists increasingly longer? Do you struggle to find time to meet students and interact with staff? Do you wonder if you will ever see the bottom of your "in" box? This essential reference offers a multitude of ideas, tips, and strategies for organizing every aspect of a principal's job—from controlling your calendar to creating newsletters.
Making Time to Lead shows the busy principal how to organize in order to lead more effectively. Simon and Newman introduce practical concepts to simplify managerial tasks:
- Organize to-do lists for use as future planning tools
- Customize your filing and scheduling systems to get more out of less
- Maximize your summer break by learning how to plan for the coming year
- Energize your staff with innovative ideas for faculty meetings
- Realize your leadership potential while encouraging your students
- Develop your faculty and build relationships with parents
In the complicated and demanding world of a principal, organization is the key to sanity—and successful leadership.