Be a leader of leaders! Get organized and set a positive tone for the upcoming school year.
Developed by veteran administrators, the "nuts and bolts" described in the monthly chapters will give both new and experienced middle school principals the effective tools they need to help ensure a smooth opening to the school year. This living document categorizes the challenges, as well as the solutions, to the many situations that administrators face every day during the academic school year.
The Middle School Principal's Calendar can be utilized year after year to ensure a smooth transition from new student orientation straight through to the end-of-the-year newsletter. Chapters cover key tasks for each month, beginning in July:
- Nine essential skills for effective school leadership
- Overview of key tasks—faculty meetings, budget process, evaluations
- Communications—letters, memos, correspondence, social activities
- Planning—workshops, field trips, standardized tests, fundraising activities
- Personnel—orientation, schedules, rosters, tenure recommendations
A handy checklist for personalized use at the end of chapter offers flexibility for modification to help avoid reinventing the wheel. Also included is a rich resource of sample documents to help with a variety of communication needs from sample letters to the incoming class and new staff members to PTA presentations and board of education meetings. The Middle School Principal's Calendar is essential for the multitalented professional whose goal is to foster a positive educational environment for staff and students alike.