"Jorgenson has designed an amazingly easy-to-use tool that captures the complexity of the principalship in a precise, yet personal manner. This user-friendly resource significantly impacts day-to-day practice."
—Christopher Peal, Principal
Meadowbrook Elementary School, Novi, MI
"An ideal gift for superintendents to give to their principals. It can be used for administrator mentoring, especially for interactive collaboration between colleagues. This book supports the critical survival habit of today's administrators: reflection."
—Rick Miller, Superintendent
Oxnard School District, CA
Find resilience and optimism in your role as a school principal!
Today's school principals face increasing pressure and new challenges every day. However, by setting aside time for personal reflection and planning, both novice and seasoned administrators can build on their individual strengths and achieve important professional goals.
Written in a concise, practical format, A Reflective Planning Journal for School Leaders is part planning calendar, part reflective journal, and part inspirational guide to help principals become focused, proactive leaders. Olaf Jorgenson has organized this step-by-step resource around the school year and offers numerous suggestions, reflective exercises, and features, including:
- Month-by-month themes that guide individual professional development and reflective practice
- Advice from award-winning elementary and secondary school principals
- Space for weekly and monthly planning and goal setting
- Guidelines for focusing on priorities
- Tips for increasing parent involvement, initiating change in schools, and making time for professional development
Strengthen your professional practice and leadership effectiveness by making personal reflection and planning a daily priority.