- Contracting and the importance of negotiating and clarifying boundaries with clients
- The implications and limits of maintaining confidentiality
- Keeping clear sexual boundaries, and how to work around issues safely and appropriately
- What happens when circumstances change, and every day or serious disruptions occur to therapy
- The nature of the therapist’s power, and how to employ it responsibly to a client’s benefit
Packed with case studies, ethical dilemmas and points for reflection and discussion, this is an essential read for trainee practitioners and qualified therapists looking to ensure safe and ethical practice.