Brief Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Berni Curwen - Thames Gateway NHS Trust, Kent
- Stephen Palmer - Centre for Stress Management, London, Centre for Coaching, London
- Peter Ruddell - Centre for Stress Management, London
Brief Therapies series
Following an explanation of brief therapy and the theory behind cognitive behaviour therapy, the authors outline strategies for helping clients overcome unhelpful beliefs and thought patterns though all stages of counselling. Using illustrative case material throughout, the updated book includes:
- extra practical material for the client and therapist to use during the counselling process
- a brand new chapter on brief CBT in groupwork
- expansion of discussion on counselling suicidal clients within a brief CBT framework.
Every trainee psychotherapist should own a copy of this book, and it is important reading for all new health professionals working in the NHS and private practice.
I really like this book, as will my students. Theory is clearly explained and the practice examples bring the concepts alive beautifully. Very readable.
Sample Materials & Chapters
The Cognitive Behaviour Framework