British Social Attitudes
Public Policy, Social Ties - The 18th Report
- Alison Park - NatCen Social Research
- John Curtice - ScotCen Social Research & University of Strathclyde
- Katarina Thomson - National Centre for Social Research
- Lindsey Jarvis - National Centre for Social Research, London
- Catherine Bromley - Scottish Centre for Social Research, Edinburgh
- Nina Stratford - National Centre for Social Research, London
February 2002 | 366 pages | SAGE Publications Ltd
The indispensable annual British Social Attitudes survey compiles, describes and comments on a range of current social attitudes. The series charts changes in British social values, with annual surveys carried out from a nationwide sample of around 3,500 people by the National Centre for Social Research's team of interviewers. The 18th Report summarizes and interprets data from the most recent survey, and makes comparisons with findings from previous years.
`The Rolls Royce of opinion surveys' - The Times
Poverty and Social Security
Anne Barlow, Simon Duncan, Grace James and Alison Park
Just a Piece of Paper?
Lynda Clarke and Katarina Thomson
Jo-Ann Mulligan and John Appleby
The NHS and Labour's Battle for Public Opinion
Nina Stratford, Theresa Marteau and Martin Bobrow
Ian Christie and Lindsey Jarvis
How Green are our Values?
Jonathan Gardner and Andrew Oswald
Michael Johnston and Roger Jowell
How Robust is British Civil Society?
Catherine Bromley, John Curtice and Ben Seyd
Political Engagement, Trust and Constitutional Reform
John Curtice and Ben Seyd
Is Devolution Strengthening or Weakening the UK?
The Conservatives and Europe