Collaborating Through Collective Efficacy Cycles
A Playbook for Ensuring All Students and Teachers Succeed
- Toni Faddis - San Diego State University, USA
- Douglas Fisher - San Diego State University, USA
- Nancy Frey - San Diego State University, USA
Includes 35+ Videos
Develop and sustain collective efficacy in your school to energize teachers and students alike.
In today’s schools, working together and learning together go hand in hand. Collective efficacy is educators’ beliefs, fueled by evidence, that by working together—as a collective, rather than as individuals—they will positively impact student and teacher learning. So how can teachers put collective efficacy into action?
Collaborating Through Collective Efficacy Cycles: A Playbook for Ensuring all Students and Teachers Succeed demystifies the concept of collective efficacy and empowers teacher teams with the necessary tools to ignite collaborative processes, pool energy and resources, determine their impact, and foster mutual accountability at a schoolwide level. Step by step, the authors guide readers through six modules, leading them through a full cycle and helping set a foundation to systematically cultivate collective efficacy.
The playbook offers background information, evidence-based research, and practical strategies and tools to help educators:
- Establish detailed conditions for creating collective teacher efficacy, using data to identify student learning needs and determine a common challenge
- Plan collectively, implement strategy, and observe colleagues in deliberate classroom practices that deepen expertise and facilitate increased student and teacher learning
- Select learning opportunities to bolster knowledge and enhance professional skills surrounding evidence-based practices that address needs and accelerate learning
- Define how teacher teams can cultivate and increase motivation and energy as individuals and, equally importantly, with one other.
While content changes, this established process can be used repeatedly, offering teacher teams a clear and defined pathway towards personal and professional fulfillment while simultaneously elevating student motivation, well-being, and academic success.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1. Developing Individual and Collective Efficacy
Chaper 2. Determining the Common Challenge