Teaching dual language learners? You’re not alone!
When implemented with commitment to collaboration, dual language programs work—and two teachers are better than one. Leveraging the power of teacher collaboration is the key to leading all your students to multilingual identity development and language, literacy, and academic success.
This practical book adapts a widely used, evidence-based collaboration and co-teaching framework specifically for educators in dual language contexts. Features include:
- Special consideration to social justice and promoting critical consciousness
- Viable options for schools, districts, and state education agencies to effectively support and expand dual language education
- Seven proven co-teaching models, newly applied to elementary and secondary dual language environments
- Templates and tools for collaborative curriculum alignment and implementation of dual language instruction
- Authentic examples of success from collaborative dual language teams around the US and beyond
More and more schools are implementing dual language programs to serve multilingual learners. This first-of-its-kind innovative resource helps collaborating educators work together to design, deliver, and assess engaging instruction for multilingualism and multiliteracies.