Engage students through real-world curriculum
It's no accident that employers complain that newly minted graduates are out of touch with the realities of work demands! Too often, there is a disconnect between what is taught in the classroom and what is demanded in the workplace, and students suffer the consequences. Mathematics and science curricula can play a critical role in solving this dilemma.
In this comprehensive review of 23 exemplary curricula/programs, the authors offer an easy-to-use guide for tying curriculum to workplace experiences—from a hematology laboratory to an agricultural setting to a soda bottling company—these programs illustrate concrete real-life situations to which students can relate and derive motivation.
Learn how to:
- Meet the goals of science, mathematics, and technology education
- Meet national curriculum standards
- Chart key characteristics of successful curricula
- Connect curriculum to workplace contexts
- Create your own curriculum materials
This book is a must for mathematics and science educators, curriculum developers and supervisors, and educators in school-to-work programs and vocational courses.