Contemporary Readings in Literacy Education
- Marva Cappello - San Diego State University, USA
- Barbara Moss - San Diego State University, USA
The latest research on literacy education—made more accessible!
To help students and beginning teachers understand contemporary issues in literacy education, this book provides a collection of edited readings and accompanying strategies. The articles have been selected to provide a balance between readings that focus on key theoretical concerns and others that suggest classroom applications of those guiding principles.
- The text is organized into sections representing today's most important literacy concerns.
- The readings are contextualized with section introductions by the editors that provide an overview of each topic.
- Section introductions also include hands-on instructional strategies to help students negotiate the articles, promote overall comprehension, and apply the material in practice.
- Articles have been edited to be accessible and relevant to students, and they provide a variety of viewpoints on the issues raised.
This text will help instructors integrate the latest research into their courses in a meaningful way and show students how to apply research and theory to practice.
Includes Articles From the Following Journals:
American Educational Research Journal
Education and Urban Society
International Journal of Applied Linguistics
Intervention in School and Clinic
Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy
Journal of Early Childhood Literacy
Journal of Educational Psychology
Reading Research Quarterly
The Reading Teacher
Remedial and Special Education
Review of Research in Education
Great practice and research text
Sample Materials & Chapters
Article 10. Teaching Spelling in the Primary Grades
Article 17. Teacher Practices and Perspectives for Developing Academic Language
Article 26. Writing Into the 21st Century
Article 36. Multimodality and Literacy in School Classrooms
Article 4 - How Classroom Assessments Improve Learning