Packed with helpful advice on supporting and developing the crucial language and communication skills of the children in early years settings, Developing Pre-School Communication and Language provides clear guidance on appropriate expectations for each age group from birth to five. The text includes:
- Advice on how to support language development in all children, including those with special educational needs
- Practical ideas and strategies for practitioners and parents
- Guidance on working with other professionals
- Activities and case studies
- A CD-ROM containing reproducibles
This handbook is ideal for pre-school practitioners, nursery managers, advisory teachers, SENCOs, inclusion officers, and child care and education students and tutors.