- Robert L. Sexton - Pepperdine University, USA
The experience of a lifetime of teaching it.
The Eighth Edition of Exploring Economics captures the excitement of learning economics for the first time through a lively and encouraging narrative that connects economics to the world in a way that is familiar to students. Author Robert L. Sexton draws on over 25 years of teaching experience to capture students’ attention, focusing on core concepts and expertly weaving in examples from current events and popular culture to make even classic economic principles modern and relatable. The text sticks to the basics and applies a thoughtful learning design, segmenting its presentation into brief, visually appealing, self-contained sections that are easier for students to digest and retain compared to sprawling text.
Thoughtfully placed section quizzes, interactive summaries, and problem sets help students check their comprehension at regular intervals and develop the critical thinking skills that will allow them to “think like economists.” Combined with a complete teaching and learning package, Exploring Economics is sure to help you ignite your students’ passion for the field and reveal its practical application in the world around them.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
Easy LMS Import
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Learn more.
SAGE edge for students, the companion website specifically designed for this text, offers a robust online environment with the learning tools and resources students need to succeed. Learn more.
Instructors: SAGE coursepacks and SAGE edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
With SAGE coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests;
- test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy with ExamView test generation;
- activity and quiz options;
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction;
- exclusive SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties influential research and scholarship to chapter concepts;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis; and
- all tables and figures from the textbook.
SAGE edge for students is easy to use and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- over 100 Figure it Out narrative video graphs, created and explained by the author, provide additional review for complex graphing topics;
- eFlashcards and eQuizzes;
- chapter summaries with learning objectives;
- chapter-specific study questions;
- exercises and meaningful Web links that facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 2: Economics: Eight Powerful Ideas
Chapter 4: Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium