From Staff Room to Classroom
A Guide for Planning and Coaching Professional Development
- Robin J. Fogarty - Robin Fogarty & Associates, Ltd.
- Brian M. Pete - Robin Fogarty & Associates, Ltd.
The tips and tricks you need to know to make transfer happen!
We know that the most expensive in-service is the one that teachers do not apply in the classroom. From Staff Room to Classroom offers district-level leaders, staff developers, and instructional coaches sure-fire tools and strategies for delivering professional learning that answers the question, “How can I use this in my classroom?” This resource provides comprehensive, indispensable guidance on:
- Effectively reaching and teaching adult learners by understanding their motivations, dispositions, and preferences
- The six levels of transfer and seven bridging strategies for supporting teachers as they apply content learned in PD to their classrooms and student interactions
- Updating professional learning to include technological developments and blended solutions
- Differentiating PD cross-generationally to promote reflective processing
Instill effective professional development with this guide to raise the rigor of instruction in the classroom and change the culture of your building.
"In From Staff Room to Classroom, Fogarty and Pete take us into their world of improving schools through professional development. The authors are very experienced and thoroughly grounded, high-level practitioners in their specialty.”
—Bruce Joyce, Author of Realizing the Promise of 21st-Century Education
"In From Staff Room to Classroom Fogarty and Pete take us into their world of improving schools through professional development. The authors are very experienced and thoroughly grounded, high level practitioners in their specialty.”