A Practical Guide for Management, Business and Market Researchers
- Christina Goulding - University of Birmingham, UK
Grounded Theory is different from other texts on four levels:
- It offers an overview of qualitative methods in general and locates grounded theory in this context;
- It compares and contrasts the various grounded theory approaches in an accessible manner;
- It offers an in-depth case study for students and researchers to follow/use;
- And it provides a critique of the methodology itself.
Essential reading for advanced students and academics in the fields of organizational and business studies, marketing and management.
An essential book to guide students for qualitative research at both Undergraduate and Post graduate levels
A clear and well constructed introduction to grounded theory which provides researchers with the necessary insights to determine the appropriateness of this methodological approach
A very useful guide to grounded theory.
Goulding's introduction helped students to understand quickly the concept of Grounded Theory. As students had to perform (basic) Grounded Theories themselves, they often referred to this book and mentioned that is was a great support.
The only improvement I can see so far is to develop an additional book that guides students through a sample Grounded Theory.
Flick's book "An Introduction to Qualitative Research" has been a great framework for this book.
Very detailed account on grounded theory analysis
Provides a supplementary text for teaching content. used in selected session