Drawing on the latest research on group work, this accessible book will help you master key concepts and skills. Providing insightful coverage of diversity and multicultural issues, How to Form a Group focuses on all aspects of forming an effective group, including:
- Strategies for overcoming environmental roadblocks to group formation, such as agency staff lack of support for groups
- Key practices to consider when organizing groups
- Practical guidance on how to attract the “right” members to the “right” groups
- Concrete suggestions for organizing, marketing, recruiting, screening, selecting, and composing groups
- Differentiation between groups that are remedial in purpose from those that are more preventive in scope
This book is endorsed by the Association for Specialists in Group Work.