Understand the foundations of biological psychology and explore the stories behind important discoveries in the field.
Everything you need to know about brain and behaviour – from sensory systems, eating disorders and sleep to drugs, language and memory. This fourth edition has been fully updated throughout, and includes new figures and diagrams, revised learning features, and clear explanations of over 330 key terms.
- The latest research on the neural basis of mental illness, degenerative diseases, and genetics
- Key Figure and Special Interest boxes spotlight interesting researchers, studies and discoveries of conditions
- End-of-chapter MCQs test understanding and support your preparation for assessments
- 250 full colour diagrams and figures illustrate the key concepts in each chapter
- Supported by online teaching and learning resources including drag and drop exercises for students, an instructor’s manual, testbank, and PowerPoint slides.
Instructor Resources (Log-in needed)
- An instructor’s manual – a guide to teaching using the book and accompanying resources
- Test bank – a set of questions for directed learning or assessments
- Downloadable image bank – 250+ downloadable figures and tables from the book for use in slides or as printouts
- Resource Pack - to easily upload all the lecturer and student resources into your university’s online learning platform (i.e. Blackboard or Moodle), and customise the content to suit your teaching needs.
Student Resources (Free to access)
- Drag and Drop Exercises – label the diagrams for a fun and interactive way to revise the important brain and sensory systems
- Flashcard Glossary – check the definitions of key terms and hear the correct pronunciations