“This is one of the best texts I have seen in a while...It makes the world of criminology less daunting and more relevant.”
—Allyson S. Maida, St. John’s University
Introduction to Criminology, Tenth Edition, is a comprehensive introduction to the study of criminology, focusing on the vital core areas of the field—theory, method, and criminal behavior. With more attention to crime typologies than most introductory texts, Hagan and Daigle investigate all forms of criminal activity, such as organized crime, white collar crime, political crime, and environmental crime. The methods of operation, the effects on society and policy decisions, and the connection between theory and criminal behavior are all explained in a clear, accessible manner.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
SAGE Premium Video
Included in the interactive eBook! SAGE Premium Video tools and resources boost comprehension and bolster analysis. Preview a video now.
Includes access to SAGE Premium Video, multimedia tools, and much more! Save when you bundle the interactive eBook with the new edition. Order using bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-6676-0. Learn more.
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier. See how your students benefit.
Instructors: SAGE coursepacks and SAGE edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
With SAGE coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradeboo
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), and offering a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Criminology news clips that bring extra coverage of current events into the book, connecting multiple brief news clips to core chapter content.
- Theory in Action videos featuring engaging interviews with former offenders and criminal justice professionals to help students develop a deeper, more applied understanding of criminology
- exclusive SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties influential research and scholarship to chapter concepts;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions;
- integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video ; and
- all tables and figures from the textbook.