This essential textbook equips students with a strong understanding of theories, policies and practices and how they impact on Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, guiding them through their SEND course or modules. It provides students with the foundations and tools necessary to think critically about the issues and developments concerning SEND, inclusion, and professional practice.
The book includes:
- Material surrounding mental health in childhood and adolescence
- Chapters on global perspectives of SEND, and assistive technologies
- Practical case studies, reflection questions and activities
- Spotlights on key theories and research
- Up-to-date information on policies impacting SEND