"I couldn't put the bookt down, and I've been a principal for 24 years. The information is excellent for all individuals interested in the principalship."
Denny Vincent, Principal
Muhlenberg North High School, Greenville, KY
"Brock and Grady present a realistic glimpse of the issues that principals must deal with, either knowingly, or unfortunately, unknowingly. This book can help principals avoid the latter."
Mike Parnell, Principal
Carrollton High School, Carrollton, MO
Be the leader you want to be with this always-on-hand mentor!
Whether you are an aspiring principal, a first-year principal, or a veteran administrator, this invaluable resource can help you hone your leadership skills, reduce your stress, improve your communication, manage your time and your staff, resolve your conflicts, and maximize your leadership potential.
Replete with confidence-boosting tips and tools, this practical guide covers everything from interviewing and accepting the position, to experiencing the first days and end of the school year, and beyond. It offers first-hand insights from new and seasoned principals that provide not only a source of comfort, but also a wealth of ideas to help you to avoid common mistakes and become a highly effective, visionary leader.
Here are just a few of the user-friendly features:
- Models for leadership, conflict resolution, and stress management
- Staff and community relations tips
- Helpful strategies for managing your time and your staff
- Help with beginning and ending your school year effectively
- "The Principal's Key," a comprehensive, yet succinct, summary of each chapter
- Checklists, assessment tools, plus resources focusing on interviewing and the selection process