A Global View
- Eric Shiraev - George Mason University, USA
Personality Theories: A Global View by leading scholar Eric Shiraev takes a dynamic, integrated, and cross-cultural approach to the study of personality. The text is organized around three general questions: Where did personality theories come from? How did the theorists study facts? How do we apply personality theories now? These questions provide a consistent focus on social context, interdisciplinary science, and applications. Going beyond traditional research from the Western tradition, the book also covers theories and studies rooted in the experiences of other countries and cultures.
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. SAGE edge content is open access and available on demand. Learning and teaching has never been easier!
SAGE edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring one’s course
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter to encourage students to think critically
- Video and multimedia content appeal to students with different learning styles
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to ease preparation for lectures and class discussions
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
- A customized online action plan includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials, which allows students to individualize their learning experience
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- Web exercises and meaningful web links facilitate student use of internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter