Work smarter—not harder—for effective differentiation!
Well-planned, on-target instruction that’s responsive to diverse student needs is a complex task every teacher strives for—especially in today’s classroom.
Where do you start? Get expert guidance grounded in cutting-edge brain research from bestselling authors Carolyn Chapman and Rita King. This new edition of Differentiated Instructional Management helps you identify best practices and create positive classroom environments that optimize learning for individual learners.
New and experienced teachers get numerous hands-on resources, including ready-to-use tools, agendas, checklists, organizers, and other graphics to facilitate Common Core–ready, standards-based instruction. Detailed strategies help you:
- “Zap” gaps in learning with 12 innovative planning models
- Motivate students through diverse approaches, including challenge, humor, respect, choice, and self-efficacy
- Identify and individualize teaching methods for students who are nervous, impatient, “turned off,” or otherwise difficult to reach
- Organize differentiated lessons and routines in self assessment, journaling, portfolios, grading, and more
- Customize parent-teacher communications for students from diverse backgrounds
- Save time with targeted formative and summative assessments
Loaded with innovative strategies that can be customized for teachers and students, Planning and Organizing Standards-Based Differentiated Instruction is your comprehensive toolkit that helps you meet the unique needs of all learners.
Praise for the previous edition:
“Each chapter assists the teacher in setting up and maintaining an effective learning environment through the use of differentiated learning and assessment, with suggestions that are practical and grounded in research.”
—Laura B. Harper, Adjunct Instructor and Supervisor of Student Teachers
Trevecca Nazarene University
“This book is loaded! It has every topic you ever wanted to know about differentiation.”
—Kael Sagheer, Fifth Grade Teacher
Willa Cather Elementary School, Grapevine, TX