An extensive knowledge of the primary English curriculum is not enough for trainee teachers, they need to know how to teach English in the primary classroom.
This is the essential teaching theory and practice text for primary English that takes a focused look at the practical aspects of teaching. It covers the important skills of classroom management, planning, monitoring, and assessment and relates these specifically to primary English, with new material on assessment without levels. Greater coverage of teaching grammar is also included, whilst practical guidance and features support trainees to translate their learning to the classroom and understand the wider context of their teaching. And to support students even further with the very latest strategies in classroom practice, this Eighth Edition now includes online resources on the brand new companion website:
- Practical lesson ideas for the classroom
- The Primary National Curriculum for English in Key Stages one and two
- Tips for planning primary English
- A recommended children’s book list
- Useful web links for primary English teaching