Each chapter develops six strands of academic skills essential for successful study: reading; learning language/vocabulary; writing; researching; studying' and applying to your own subject. The detailed and focused activities and tasks will help you to:
- Make reasonable knowledge claims
- Become more aware of university culture and expectations
- Write according to academic standards
- Think critically and reflectively
- Respond to ideas in academic articles
- Document your work appropriately and avoid plagiarism
A companion website features a collection of articles from a variety of different sources related to the topics in each of the book's 10 articles.