The connections between reflective practice and professional development are the focus for this book, which offers guidance to support lasting change and provides strategies to enable self-initiated professional development.
The book includes:
- Traditional approaches to reflective practice
- How to enhance the effectiveness of reflective practice
- Putting reflective practice in context
- How reflective practice can improve attainment for students and staff
- An Appendix of useful resources
With case studies from new and experienced teachers, as well as examples of reflective practice from trainee teachers and from students studying across a range of Education courses, this book equips the reader to develop their own reflective practice framework. Relevant also to practitioners working across the children's workforce, it encourages personal and professional development for the whole range of professionals working in education and care.