Little Quick Fix
- Zina O'Leary - The Australia and New Zealand School of Government
Little Quick Fix
Zina O'Leary's Research Question Little Quick Fix teaches students how to find their interest, hone it to a topic, and turn it into a research question that is relevant, interesting, and researchable.
Little Quick Fix titles provide quick but authoritative answers to the problems, hurdles, and assessment points students face in the research course, project proposal or design—whatever their methods learning is.
- Lively, ultra-modern design; full-color, each page a tailored design.
- An hour's read/easy to dip in and out of; clear navigation enables the reader to find what they need—quick.
- Direct written style gets to the point with clear language. Nothing needs to be read twice. No fluff.
- Learning is reinforced through a 2-minute overview summary; 3-second summaries with super-quick Q&A
- DIY tasks create a work plan to accomplish a task, do a self-check quiz, solve a problem, get students to what they need to show their supervisor.
- Checkpoints in each section make sure students are nailing it as they go and support self-directed learning.
- How do I know I’m done? Each Little Quick Fix wraps up with a finale checklist that allows the reader to self-assess they’ve got what they need to progress, submit, or ace the test or task.
"This would save many sleepless nights and tears. With straightforward advice, step by step instructions, frameworks you can fill in to direct your thinking, and short quizzes, this book is a must for any research-based student activity"
Very helpful resource to share with students as they commence the research module and work on formulating a question.
Formulating good research questions are a major obstacle for students just learning to design their own research projects. The short format of this book is extremely accessible to undergraduate students or graduate students designing research projects for the first time. Clear step-by-step explanation makes the process less intimidating until they get better through practice. This is a good supplement to the Little Quick Fix book on Designing a Research Project.
A breif focused look at a key element in the research process.
This book alongside the rest in the series provide students with a step by step guide on how to formulate their research questions effectively, to ensure their research study has clear focus.
Easy to read, relevant information to help develop a research question and affordable for students
This is a good book for students to explore research questions more, a great addition to the key text list
Nice little guide that focuses on specific issues and are explained in an appealing way for undergraduate students struggling with academic writing and research methods.
Very clear and informative on how to craft a research question. This is a quick read for all for first time research students and teachers.
Focused and accessible
Sample Materials & Chapters
Opening & Chapter 1: What is the power of the research question?