Patterns and Behavior
- Stephen T. Holmes - University of Central Florida, USA
- Ronald M. Holmes - University of Louisville, USA
A comprehensive survey of sex offenders and sexual offenses
This succinct and highly accessible text provides a comprehensive overview of a wide range of sexual behaviors and sex crimes, thoroughly addressing criminal actions from "nuisance" sex crimes, such as voyeurism and exhibitionism, to the most extreme, including rape, sex crimes against children, lust and serial murders, and more. Including unique and engaging case studies and first-person accounts from sex offenders, Sex Crimes: Patterns and Behavior, Third Edition provides unique insight into sex crimes, deviance, and criminal behavior theory and analysis. This engaging and easy-to-read text provides information on psychological profiling of sex offenders, the crimes they commit, the effects on their victims, and attempted treatments, in an engaging style that compels students to continue reading—even ahead of the syllabus.
- Two new chapters address Internet-related sex crimes and sexually motivated homicides
- Photos and tables have been updated to provide the most cutting-edge information and reflect the thorough updating the book throughout
- Other helpful pedagogical aids include case files and boxed news accounts that bring key concepts to life, and first-person accounts from sex criminals, medical and legal insights into the behaviors described
- A glossary of sexual behavior and related terms is provided at the back of the text
Suitably brief to serve as a core text in conjunction with readings or as a supplement to another text, this provocative textbook will spark lively discussion in undergraduate courses such as Sex Crimes, Deviance, Criminal Behavior, and Violent Crimes in departments of criminology, criminal justice, sociology, social work, and counseling.
It is the best book on the market as sex crimes pertain to the U.S.
Used this book in this course with earlier editions. Holmes does a good job in this area and in serial killers. It would be nice if he would develop powerpoints for these texts.
One of the few books on Sex Crimes that can be used at the college level
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 4 - Nuisance Sex Behaviors