1. The Impact of an Inabilty to Interact and Communicate socially- the Triad of Impairments, causation and manifestation of inappropriate behaviour.
2. Ages and Stages- an overview of what issues might be encountered at different stages in the life cycle
3. Overview of Current Research – what strategies have been used to alleviate the problems
4. Analysing Behaviour- what is needed and what can be discarded – how to prioritise- and tackle the real issues, behaviours that cause offence but no physical harm
5. Avoidance Tactics for Anti-Social Behaviour- recognising triggers, creating the stress-free environment, using the right language, case studies of avoidable anti-social behaviours
6. Positive Role Models- Social support groups, using role play, PSHE, giving individuals with ASD a role and a responsibility
7. Preventing Criminal Behaviour- the extent of the problem, the role of the Youth Justice System (assessment, procedures, partnership with schools), preventative measures at school and at home
8. Keeping a Record- using self reports, personal portfolios monitoring behaviour, emphasising strengths, working with outside agencies, careers service and employers to promote a positive image
9. Realistic Expectations- seeing the behaviour and the issue in the context of ASD, getting the balance right, avoiding breakdown, the home environment, the school environment, out and about in society.
10. How to Help- hints and tips for those living and working with individuals with ASD