What your students need is you. Your fullest most authentic self.
Gravity Goldberg’s Teach Like Yourself helps you be the biggest, boldest, and most powerful version of your teacher self. It reminds you why you became a teacher and coaches you to bring your unique gifts and talents into the classroom. The difference between a so-so lesson and one that leaves a lasting impact on students has everything to do with how confident and connected you feel to yourself and your students.
Read this book when you need an extra shot of bravery. It’s a perfect resource if
- You want to coach yourself into fulfilling your teacher potential
- You are looking for more balance in your teaching and personal life
- You want a pep talk for saying no to what doesn’t help students and yes to what you know does
- You want to grow and deepen your practice without losing yourself in the process
In this, her fifth and most personal book, Gravity uses her gifts for developing teacher agency as she invites you to take on five powerful practices:
- Naming your core beliefs
- Viewing teaching as a practice
- Building balanced relationships
- Driving professional growth
- Taking care of your whole self
To support you as you make these five practices lifelong habits, Gravity includes illuminating stories, reflection questions, short videos of advice from her and other educators, a full-color Teach Like Yourself Manifesto poster, and a Teach Like Yourself Facebook group moderated by the author.