The Blended Learning Blueprint for Elementary Teachers
Corwin Teaching Essentials
Primary ICT / Digital Technologies
Your blueprint for empowering students through personalized learning
In today’s technologically-integrated world, blended learning is a natural fit for the elementary classroom, where many teachers already think flexibly about the learning environment, resources, and time in order to meet diverse student needs. As blended elementary classrooms become more common, teachers and administrators must develop a shared understanding of the characteristics of effective instruction in blended environments.
This guide is designed to help K-5 teachers develop and carry out a plan for effective instruction in blended environments. Presented in a step-by-step workbook format, this resource identifies the competencies blended teachers need and strategies for development, culminating in a personalized implementation plan for
- Take an in-depth look at the iNACOL Blended Learning Teacher Competency Framework, to foster a deeper understanding of the teacher proficiencies needed for effective blended learning environments.
- Identify your own strengths and needs related to the blended teacher competencies.
- Develop a personalized blueprint for designing and facilitating blended learning in your classrooms.
- Tailor your needs and goals when it comes to maximizing instructional time, personalizing learning, empowering students, pursuing professional learning, and more.
- Explore specific strategies and examples of blended learning in elementary classrooms, and reflect on your own plans for blended instruction.
Making the shift to blended learning requires intentional planning and support. This workbook will guide you through the process of developing an actionable plan for blended learning in your classroom.