With clear instructions for developing a research design and complementary research tools, this book is not about describing or theorizing qualitative methods, but how researchers actually create and execute these methods. Helping students conquer the practical issues many novice researchers face, the book provides them with the tools they need to answer critical questions such as:
- what are some ways to sample potential participants?
- how do I construct an interview schedule?
- should I be thinking of a single case study or a comparative study?
- what and how should I record in the field?
- what other sources of data should I consider?