The secrets of coaching excellence are already inside you
Successful coaching has long been seen as a mental exercise—in order to do right by the teachers you serve, you put theory into practice, establish orderly processes, analyze data effectively, and implement externally mandated reforms. The truth, though, is that truly great coaches derive their success not just from what they do, but also from who they are.
This groundbreaking book, based on research from an innovative mixed-methods study, provides a holistic approach to coaching that honors both mind and heart. As you explore the most important characteristics of the best instructional coaches—caring, authenticity, trustworthiness, flexibility, and more—you’ll develop and hone those same characteristics in yourself. Features include:
· A framework and structure for developing the characteristics of effective instructional coaches
· Comprehensive analysis of each characteristic
· Examples and stories of effective coaching in action
· Activities, exercises, and action points
· Resources for encouragement and renewal
School coaches have the power to make a real difference in the lives and futures of teachers and students. By balancing your outward competencies with the inspirational application of your own inward growth, you’ll bring new joy—and success—into your coaching relationships.