The secret to your PLC’s success? You.
Commitment to improving student outcomes is a natural part of being a teacher. So when you bring your experience, skills, and questions to a professional learning community, you help shape the future of the team—and that makes all the difference for your students.
Unlike other PLC resources, this book isn’t just for leaders—it’s designed to help every member of the team be a driving force for success. With it, you’ll work together to
- Give voice to important issues and dilemmas
- Decide where to focus your work
- Develop and implement a plan for gaining insight into your area of focus
- Take action based on individual and collective learning
- Share results with others outside the PLC
Successful PLCs buzz with a collaborative energy that comes from the engagement of teachers. With this guide, you’ll make the most of your contributions.“The PLC Book is an essential resource for all principals and teachers who wish to create a powerful culture of adult and student learning in their schools. . . . A must-read for all who are currently engaging in or wish to begin Professional Learning Communities in their schools.”
- Todd Whitaker, Professor
Indiana State University
“The PLC Book is destined to be an essential text in the fields of teacher education, teacher professional development, school administration and a handbook for teachers and others engaged in the pursuit of systemic educational change.”
- Frances Rust, Senior Fellow & Director of Teacher Education Program
University of Pennsylvania