Learn to speak in public without breaking a sweat!
The Public Speaking Playbook, Second Edition, shows students how to prepare, practice, and present their public speeches with the highest level of confidence. With a focus on actively building skills, Teri Kwal Gamble and Michael W. Gamble coach students in the fundamentals of the public speaking process, using brief interactive learning modules that allow students to practice—and improve—their public speaking. The highly anticipated Second Edition of this bestselling text features a more inclusive playbook analogy, exposing students to additional arenas—for example, politics, music, and business—to hone their skills and improve their performance. As students master the skills, they are also encouraged to think critically about what it means to “play fair” in public speaking, with a focus on diversity, ethics, and civic engagement.
Also available with...
SAGE coursepacks: Our Content Tailored to Your LMS
Instructors! SAGE coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
Assignable SAGE Premium Video: Boost Comprehension. Bolster Analysis.
SAGE Premium Video is tied to learning objectives and curated and produced exclusively for this text. SAGE Premium Video brings concepts to life and appeals to different learning styles, featuring over 100 video clips highlighting exemplary speech components and tips for improvement and 18 full-length professional speeches.
SpeechPlanner: Guide your students through the process of planning, preparing, and practicing their speech—one step at a time!
Order using bundle ISBN 978-1-5063-8459-7. Learn more.
GoREACT: Don’t just record – GoREACT! Offer your students an easy, interactive web video tool for recording, video sharing, and evaluating speeches within a secure online platform. Learn more.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s LMS. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Pedagogically robust assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Over 100 video clips highlighting exemplary speech components and tips for improvement and 18 full-length professional speeches and model student speeches
- Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives and make learning easier
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Best practice guide for instructors on using video in the classroom and integrating multimedia and sample speeches into lectures.
- All tables and figures from the textbook
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning in an easy-to-use environment that offers:
Mobile-friendly flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize your study time, anywhere, anytime
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow you to assess how much you’ve learned and where you need to focus your attention
- A customized online action plan that includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials
- Learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Chapter-specific study questions that allow you to engage with the material
- SAGE Premium Video, tied to learning objectives and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
- Engaging video clips from real student speeches
- Want access to more SAGE Premium Video? Ask your instructor about where you can access even more video resources and digital tools.
- Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and make learning easier