Every practitioner knows the importance of collaborating with parents to ensure the best support for children with special educational needs. Working with Parents of Children With Special Educational Needs offers clear strategies for forging successful and lasting relationships with parents and includes:
- Strategies for communicating effectively with parents
- Ways in which the preschool SENCO can lead the process
- Tips for building successful links with other related professionals
- Activities and case studies
- A CD-ROM with checklists and reproducibles
This resource is ideal for all those working with children from birth to 5 years of age, such as pre-school practitioners, nursery managers, advisory teachers, SENCOs, inclusion officers, and child care and education students and tutors.