Write Dance in the Early Years
- Ragnhild Oussoren - Education trainer
In this new edition of Write Dance in the Early Years, practitioners are provided with a package of songs, stories, and role play ideas to introduce handwriting to children through music and movement. Write Dance movements are designed to help children feel happy and comfortable with their bodies, improving their motor skills and providing a strong foundation for writing.
This book and audio CD introduces the nine themes of the Write Dance approach at the appropriate developmental level for the early years. The program supports the Be Healthy, Enjoy, and Achieve outcome of the Every Child Matters agenda. It also links to the following aspects within the six areas of learning in the Early Years Foundation stage:
- Creative Development through imaginative play, music and dance
- Physical Development through movement using equipment and materials
- Communication, Language, and Literacy through handwriting
- Personal, Social, and Emotional Development through increasing self-confidence and self-esteem
This exciting and innovative program has been found especially helpful for children with special educations needs, from learning difficulties to dyspraxia.