A Student's Guide
- Trevor Cotterill - Derby University, UK
Autism | Special Education in Early Childhood
Your critical, evidence-informed and scholarly examination of some of the key issues and debates surrounding Autism.
As a student you need to have a strong grounding in Autism, but also engage in the key debates that are happening now. This book will not only not only provide you with a robust foundation but will offer you strategies to use your critical thinking by outlining and engaging with crucial discussions. Each chapter focuses upon an area related to Autism, including ethical and social arguments, transitions, international perspectives and strategies when working with autistic children, people and adults.
Key features include:
· Case studies of individual and collective experiences of individuals who are living with Autism and those associated with them
· Exercises that encourage you to engage with key debates and research
· Pauses for reflection to help you assess your own understanding
· Key research that will provide you with a better critical knowledge
Trevor Cotterill is Programme Leader of the BA (Hons) SEND at the University of Derby.