Proud sponsor of the 2019 SAGE Keith Roberts Teaching Innovations Award—enabling graduate students and early career faculty to attend the annual ASA pre-conference teaching and learning workshop.
Essentials of Social Statistics for a Diverse Society, Third Edition, is a more streamlined, less expensive version of the successful Social Statistics for a Diverse Society. As in the parent text, the Essentials version does more than
“I think this textbook is incredibly readable. It presents statistics in a manner that is easy to grasp and comprehend but is still rigorous in terms of the content covered.”
—Amy Lucas, University of Houston–Clear Lake
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier.
See how your students benefit.
IBM SPSS Statistics© version 23
Students receive SPSS for only $19 when ordered using bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-2330-5
Instructor Teaching Site (Password Protected)
SAGE edge for Instructors, supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Sample course syllabus for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring your courses
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions
Student Study Site (Open Access)
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
· Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
· Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
· Chapter summaries with learning objectives reinforce the most important material
· Interactive exercises and meaningful web links facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions
· EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter