Whether you are new to interviewing and working toward an undergraduate dissertation or refining your fieldwork as you complete a research project, this book contains everything you need to know for successful qualitative interview data collection.
Organised around practical hints, reflexive tasks, bite-sized pieces of information and original case study material, the authors’ candid accounts of their research experiences help you approach qualitative interviewing with transparency, consistency and confidence.
It walks you through how to:
- Decide if interviews are the right tool for your project
- Turn your research ideas into well-phrased interview questions
- Navigate ethical review and informed consent
- Recruit participants
- Choose an effective interview style
- Adapt your methods for different populations
- Transcribe and analyse your data.